The CHOC Electrophysiology Program is one of the largest regional pediatric programs and our experts perform more than 100 pediatric electrophysiologic procedures each year. We successfully treat and eliminate 95 percent of patients’ arrhythmias from the upper chambers of the heart and provide the complete range of services for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac rhythm disorders including:
- Medication Management
- Pacemaker implantation
- Defibrillator implantation
Under the leadership of Anjan Batra, M.D., medical director of electrophysiology at CHOC, patients with suspected arrhythmias are offered expert comprehensive non-invasive and invasive electrophysiologic services that are unparalleled in the region. The electrophysiology lab provides state-of-the-art equipment specifically designed to perform procedures in children, and is staffed by a dedicated team of expert nurses and technicians.
Non-invasive services include:
- Ambulatory electrocardiograms/Holter monitoring
- Cardiac event recorders
- Exercise stress tests with advanced metabolic testing and nuclear imaging
- Tilt table autonomic evaluations
- Pacemaker and defibrillator device services including Transtelephonic and in-office pacemaker assessment through the pacemaker clinic.
Invasive evaluations and treatments include:
- Electrophysiology (EP) studies
- Radio Frequency (RF) ablations
- Implantation of cardiac pacemakers, loop recorders and cardiac defibrillators.
To learn more, or to make an appointment with the CHOC Heart Institute, call 888-770-2462.