Wan-Yin Chan, MD
Office and Contact Information
CHOC Children's Specialists
Allergy and Immunology
725 West La Veta Ave.
Orange, CA 92868
phone: (714) 633-6363
fax: (714) 633-0178
map & directions
- Allergy & Immunology Fellowship
UCLA Medical Center
- Pediatrics Residency
UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center
- Medical School
Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City
- Allergy and Immunology
Honors and Awards
- AAAAI Annual Meeting Featured Poster session - March 2011
- Best Poster Presentation (UCLA Fellow’s Science Day) - June 2011
- AAAAI Annual Meeting Featured Poster session - March 2012
- AAAAI Interest Section FIT Abstract Award - Basic and Clinical Immunology - March 2012
- American Academy of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Los Angeles Society of Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology
- California Society of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Society
- Department of Pediatrics, Division of Immunology and Allergy, UCLA
Principle Investigators: Talal Chatila, MD, Sean McGhee, MD, Katrina Dipple, MD, PhD
- Characterized dock8, the gene responsible for autosomal recessive Hyper IgE syndrome, in zebrafish and created a knockout model using morpholino antisense technology. We found ubiquitous expression in early development. Knockout of dock8 resulted in normal rag1 expression, but a dysmorphic phenotype and decreased phox2b expression, revealing a possible role for dock8 in brain development.
- Funding: Human and Molecular Development Training Grant T32 HD07512 (2010-2012)
- Tissue Engineering Laboratory, UCLA School of Engineering
Jerry Weintraub Center for Reconstructive Biotechnology, UCLA Center for Health Sciences
Principle Investigator: Prof. Benjamin M. Wu, DDS, PhD
- Defined the engineering design rules for a more controlled printing method of depositing genes, matrix material, and cells, which aid in the fabrication of 3D Tissue Analogs.
- Chan W, Dipple, K, Lin, S, Chatila, T. “Knockdown of dock8 in zebrafish Reveals a Role in Extra-Lymphoid Tissue Development” AAAAI Annual Meeting. Orlando, FL, March 2012. Featured Poster Session and Interest Section FIT Abstract Award
- Chan W. “Leukotriene antagonists as first-line or add-on asthma-controller therapy” California Society of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology annual meeting (Top Allergy Papers session), Huntington Beach, CA, July 2011. Oral
- Chan W, McGhee S, Garcia-Lloret M, Chatila T. “Characterization of dock8 Expression in Danio rerio” UCLA Pediatric Fellow’s Science Day, June 2011. Best Poster Award
- Chan W, McGhee S, Garcia-Lloret M, Chatila T. “Characterization of dock8 Expression in Danio rerio” AAAAI Annual Meeting. San Francisco, CA, March 2011. Featured Poster Session
- Chan W, Roberts RL, Stiehm ER. “Cord Blood Transplant: Better B-cell Engraftment?”ACAAI Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, Nov 2010. Poster
1. Chan WY, Roberts RL, Stiehm ER. Cord blood transplant in SCID: Better B-cell engraftment? Journal of Pediatrics Hematology/Oncology. 2013 Jan;35(1):e14-8.
2. Dunn J, Chan WY, Cristini V, Kim JS, Wu B. Analysis of Cell Growth in Three-Dimensional Scaffolds. Tissue Engineering. Vol 12, Issue 4, p705-716, 2006.