Scott Furlan, MD
Office and Contact Information
CHOC Children's Specialists Oncology
1201 W. La Veta Ave.
Orange, CA 92868
phone: (714) 509-8636
map & directions
- Medical School - University of Southern California
- Internship/Residency, Pediatrics - University of Texas Southwestern
- Fellowship, Pediatric Hematology Oncology - University of Texas Southwestern
Honors and Awards
- Research Fellow Award - Children's Cancer Fund
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Fellow
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology - Member
- American Society of Hematology - Member
- Methods of detecting specific cell lysis - US Patent 6673556 and 7186516 - Developed a flow cytometry based cell killing assay using two fluorophores CFSE and PKH-26
1. Tilden AR, Rasmussen P, Awantang RM, Furlan S, Goldstein J, Palsgrove M, Sauer A. (1997). Melatonin cycle in the fiddler crab Uca pugilator and influence of melatonin on limb regeneration. Journal of Pineal Research, 23(3):142-7.
2. Sheehy ME, McDermott AB, Furlan SN, Klenerman P, Nixon DF. (2001). A novel technique for the fluorometric assessment of T lymphocyte antigen specific lysis. Journal of Immunological Methods, 249(1-2):99-110.
3. Kost RG, Hurley A, Zhang L, Vesanen M, Talal A, Furlan S, Caldwell P, Johnson J, Smiley L, Ho D, Markowitz M. (2001). Open-label phase II trial of amprenavir, abacavir, and fixed-dose zidovudine/lamivudine in newly and chronically HIV-1-infected patients. JAIDS, 26(4):332-9.
4. Alexander TH, Ortiz GM, Wellons MF, Allen A, Grace EJ, Schweighardt B, Brancato J, Sandberg JK, Furlan SN, Miralles GD, Nixon DF, Bartlett JA. (2003). Changes In CD4+ T-Cell Differentiation Phenotype During Structured Treatment Interruption In Patients With Chronic HIV-1 Infection. JAIDS, 34(5):475-81.
5. Sandberg JK, Fast NM, Jordan KA, Furlan SN, Barbour JD, Fennelly G, Dobroszycki J, Spiegel HM, Wiznia A, Rosenberg MG, Nixon DF. (2003). HIV-specific CD8+ T cell function in children with vertically acquired HIV-1 infection is critically influenced by age and the state of the CD4+ T cell compartment. Journal of Immunology, 170(8):4403-10.
6. Neuenburg JK, Furlan S, Bacchetti P, Price RW, Grant RM. (2005). Enrichment of activated monocytes in cerebrospinal fluid during antiretroviral therapy. AIDS, 19(13):1351-9.
7. Jordan KA, Furlan SN, Gonzalez VD, Karlsson AC, Quigley MF, Deeks SG, Rosenberg MG, Nixon DF, Sandberg JK. (2006). CD8 T cell effector maturation in HIV-1-infected children. Virology, 347(1):117-26.