Delma Nieves, MD
Office and Contact Information
CHOC Children's Specialists
1201 W La Veta
Orange, California 92868
phone: (714) 509-8403
fax: (714) 509-4014
map & directions
CHOC Children's at Mission Hospital
27700 Medical Center Rd
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
map & directions
- Infectious Disease, CHOC Children's Specialists
- Clinical Professor, Pediatrics
UC Irvine School of Medicine
- Medical School
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
- Pediatrics Residency
Children's Hospital of Orange County, Orange, CA
- Infectious Disease Fellowship
UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Pediatric Infectious Disease
ResearchDr. Nievas’ clinical interests include infectious diseases of the newborn and the immuno-compromised, as well as a-typical presentations of disease. Currently, she is engaged in pertussis clinical research and a variety of drug trials to determine the correct antibiotic dosing and indication for pediatric patients.
Cherry JD and Nieves, DJ, The Common Cold: Textbook of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, RD Feigin and JD Cherry (editors), 6th edition, W.B. Saunders Co, Philadelphia, PA, April 2009.
Lectures and Presentations
- “Micafungin Safety in Pediatric Patients in Clinical Practice”
- "Safety of Micafungin in Infants less than 90 days of age"
- "Characteristics of Severe Pertussis Infections among Infants < 90 days of Age Admitted to Pediatric Intensive Care Units _Southern California, September 2009-June 2011"
- "Leptospiral intracellular infection of hepatocytes in vivo and in vitro"
- "Leptospirosis and Leptospira: the inside story"
- "Update on Leptospirosis"
- "Infectious Disease links to Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia"