Gurpreet S Ahuja, MD
Office and Contact Information
CHOC Children's Specialists
1010 W La Veta Ave
Orange, CA 92868
phone: (714) 633-4020
fax: (714) 953-5462
map & directions
Otolaryngology Center – Newport Beach
446 Old Newport Blvd.
Newport Beach, CA 92663
map & directions
- Division Chief, Otolaryngology, CHOC Children’s Specialists
- Director, Pediatric Otolaryngology Training, UC Irvine Otolaryngology Residency Program
- Clinical Professor of Otolaryngology, UC Irvine
Physician BioRecognized an expert in the field of pediatric otolaryngology for more than 20 years, Dr. Ahuja serves as division chief of otolaryngology for CHOC Children’s Specialists and director of pediatric otolaryngology training for UC Irvine’s residency program in otolaryngology.
With a passion for innovative treatments, Dr. Ahuja s particularly interested in pediatric airway reconstruction, pediatric sinus surgery, childhood hearing loss and congenital head and neck disorders. He has co-authored several publications in peer-reviewed medical journals.
The recipient of numerous honors and awards, Dr. Ahuja has been voted by his peers into Super Doctors of Southern California.He is a recipient of the Teacher of the Year Award from the residents of the Otolaryngology program at UC Irvine. Dr. Ahuja consistently receives the annual Physician of Excellence award from the Orange County Medical Association.
Dedicated to clinical excellence, Dr. Ahuja is board certified in otolaryngology/head-and-neck surgery. He received his medical degree at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi. He completed his residency in otolaryngology/head and neck surgery at the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital in New York, followed by a fellowship in pediatric otolaryngology at the Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
Actively involved in the Orange County community, Dr. Ahuja serves on the board of directors of the OC Human Relations Council. He speaks fluent Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu.
- Medical School
All India Institute of Medical Sconces, New Delhi, India
- General Surgery Residency
Booth Memorial Medical Center, Flushing, New York
- Otolaryngology Residency
Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, New York, New York
- Otolaryngology Fellowship
Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, New York
- Pediatric Otolaryngology Fellowship
Children's National Medical Center, Washington, DC
Honors and Awards
- Distinguished Service Award
Children's Hospital of Orange County
- Southern California "Superdoctor"
Los Angeles Magazine
- Orange County Physician of Excellence in Otolaryngology
Orange County Medical Association
- American Academy of Otolaryngology
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Society for Ear, Nose and Throat Advances in Children
- Inter American Association of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology
- Society for Airway Management
- Orange County Society of Head and Neck Surgeons
- Orange County Medical Association
- Association of Otolaryngologists of Indian Origin
- AIIMSONIANS of America; Alumni Association
Tonsils and Adenoids: Dr. Ahuja, CHOC Children's
In this segment of American Health Journal, Dr. Gupreet Ahuja, physician at CHOC Children's, describes the difference between tonsils and adenoids. ...
CHOC Articles & Publications
|NIH Grant to Study Neonatal Subglottic Stenosis, Edema
Physician Connection: Fall 2010
CHOC Children’s pediatric otolaryngologist Gurpreet Ahuja, M.D., is the clinical coinvestigator on a team led by Brian Wong, M.D., a University of California, Irvine, otolaryngologist, that is the...
|Dr. Gupreet Ahuja to Appear on American Health Journal on Thursday, January 24th at 12:30 p.m.
January 16, 2013
CHOC Children's otolaryngologist Gurpreet Ahuja, MD, will appear as an expert on the highly rated award-winning healthcare television program American Health Journal on PBS SoCal TV on Thursday, Janua...
|More than 80 CHOC Children's Doctors Named "Physicians of Excellence"
January 03, 2012
More than 80 CHOC Children's physicians, including specialists and pediatricians, are named "Physicians of Excellence" by the Orange County Medical Association....
|More than 60 CHOC Children’s Doctors Named “Physicians of Excellence”
January 04, 2011
More than 60 CHOC Children’s physicians, including specialists and pediatricians, are featured as "Physicians of Excellence" in the January 2011 issue of Orange Coast magazine. The "Physicians of Exc...
|More than 50 CHOC Children's Doctors Named "Physicians of Excellence"
January 04, 2010
The Orange County Medical Association names more than 50 CHOC doctors "Physicians of Excellence."...
Lectures and Presentations
- "Management of Infantile Hemangiomas — new management approaches".
12th Annual UC Irvine Otolaryngology Updates, Orange, CA.
- "Pediatric Obstructive Sleep Apnea"
2011 Univ. of California-Irvine Otolaryngology Updates, Indian Wells, CA
- "Sleep Apnea in the Pediatric Age Group"
Grand Rounds. Department of Otolaryngology/Head and neck Surgery, Univ. of California-Irvine
- "Management Options in an Infant with Acute Respiratory Distress"
2010 Univ. of California-Irvine Otolaryngology Updates, Indian Wells, CA
- "Vascular Malformations"
Grand Rounds, Department of Plastic Surgery, Univ. of California-Irvine
- "Airway management in patients with Pierre Robin Sequence"
2009 Univ. of California-Irvine Otolaryngology Update