Sameer S Pathare, MD
Office and Contact Information
CHOC Children's Specialists
1201 W La Veta
Orange, CA 92868
phone: (714) 509-8826
fax: (714) 509-4169
map & directions
- Chair, Hospitalist, CHOC Children's
- Division Chief, Hospitalist, CHOC Children's Specialists
Physician BioDr. Pathare attended medical school at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He completed his internship, residency and chief residency at Children's Hospital of Orange County. Dr. Pathare is board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics. His philosophy of care is to provide a wide scope of pediatric care for the hospitalized children at CHOC. He speaks medical Spanish. He has a particular interest in Infectious Diseases and has published chapters on Upper Airway Infections and Foreign Body Ingestions. He cherishes the opportunity to teach the next generation of medical students and residents. He is an assistant clinical professor in Pediatrics at Dartmouth Medical School and UCI. Dr. Pathare has received the CHOC Teacher of the Year award in 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2013 and the UCI Outstanding faculty teaching award in 2013.
- Medical School
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Pediatrics Residency
Children's Hospital of Orange County, CA
Honors and Awards
- Physician of Excellence
OCMA, Multiple years
- Patient and Family Centered Care Achievement Award
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Orange County Medical Association
|More than 80 CHOC Children's Doctors Named "Physicians of Excellence"
January 03, 2012
More than 80 CHOC Children's physicians, including specialists and pediatricians, are named "Physicians of Excellence" by the Orange County Medical Association....
|More than 60 CHOC Children’s Doctors Named “Physicians of Excellence”
January 04, 2011
More than 60 CHOC Children’s physicians, including specialists and pediatricians, are featured as "Physicians of Excellence" in the January 2011 issue of Orange Coast magazine. The "Physicians of Exc...
|More than 50 CHOC Children's Doctors Named "Physicians of Excellence"
January 04, 2010
The Orange County Medical Association names more than 50 CHOC doctors "Physicians of Excellence."...
Lectures and Presentations
- "Foreign Body Obstruction"
- "SeverePediatric Infections"
- "The Acute Febrile Infant"
- "Presentation of Acute leukemia"
- "Neonate with Congestive heart failure"
- "Peritonsillar Abscess and EBV"
- "MSSAbacteremia and pyomyositis"
- "Necrotizing Fasciitis"
- "Meckel's Diverticulum"
- "Mid-Aortic Syndrome"
- "Orbital Abscess"
- "Nephrotic syndrome and pericardial effusion"
- "Chorea and Anti-phospholipid Ab syndrome"
- 'Necrotizing Pneumonia"
- "Toxic Shock Syndrome"
- "RSV with VSD and malrotation"
- "Dextrocardia, Situs inversus, Asplenia"
- "Adenovirus vs. Kawasaki Disease"
- "Severe Pediatric Infections"
- "Rectal bleeding"