The CHOC Feeding Program :: What to Expect During Inpatient Feeding Treatment
Each patient and one primary caregiver (parent or legal guardian) are admitted to CHOC Children’s Hospital for 19 days of therapy and treatment for the 19-day inpatient feeding program. This caregiver is t he person who primarily feeds the child the most at home, is with the child for the entire program and participates in the child’s treatment every step of the way. During the program, the child has three therapeutic meal sessions every week day, as well as two or three daily sessions with the primary feeder to practice the skills learned in therapy.
The 19-day program is intense yet focused on providing practical skills through play-based feeding therapy to create positive mealtime experiences for both the patient and his or her family.
- Feeding Program Overview
- Meet the Feeding Team
- Eligibility and Referral Process
- Weekly and Daily Routines
- Caregiver Responsibilities
- Visitation Guidelines
- Nutrition and the Food Introduction Process
- What to Pack
- The Emotional Journey of the Feeding Program
- Understanding Feeding and Swallowing Problems
- Inpatient Feeding Program Virtual Tour