The Hyundai Cancer Institute’s Team Approach
At our cancer center, we believe in a team approach to providing treatment to our patients that includes a multidisciplinary team of pediatric oncologists, physicians, specialists and the patient’s family. We understand that a cancer diagnosis touches the lives of the entire family and for this reason are dedicated to a family-centered approach to care that includes immediately pairing patients and their families with a pediatric oncology nurse coordinator who serves as an advocate for the child and family throughout the patient’s course of treatment. Learn more about what to expect right from the start.
The Latest Treatments and Research
Children’s cancers are very different than adult cancers and must be treated with specific pediatric cancer protocols. Our experience in exclusively treating children, teens and young adults makes us the experts in the evaluation and treatment of all forms of common childhood and adolescent cancers. Through our Children’s Oncology Group (COG) membership, the Cancer Institute has received a prestigious Phase I clinical trial designation, making us one of only 21 facilities in North America and the only hospital in the Southwestern United States offering COG’s groundbreaking alternative treatments.
In addition to the very latest clinical trials, the Hyundai Cancer Institute is currently leading the way in pediatric cancer research. Learn more about clinical trials and our ground-breaking research studies.
Our treatment specific teams work to provide innovative, specialized programs for on-going diagnosis, management and treatment of pediatric cancers.
Bone and Soft Tissue Sarcoma Treatment Program
Solid Tumor Treatment Program
Histiocytosis Treatment Program
Neuro-oncology Treatment Program
Adolescent and Young Adult Treatment Program
Lymphoma Treatment Program
Leukemia Treatment Program
Recurrent and Refractory Cancer Treatment Program
After Cancer Treatment Survivorship Program
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program
Support Programs and Services
When a child is ill and needs hospitalization, we understand that the entire family is affected. Because we so strongly believe in allowing a child to be a child and creating a sense of normalcy through play, discovery and creativity, we are dedicated to offering the most comprehensive support programs in the region. The Cancer Institute offers patients and families:
- Comprehensive support programs that provide social, emotional and educational support for patients and families.
- Pediatric Advanced Care Program
- One-of-a-kind hospital experience with child life services, activities, special events and much more.
- Comprehensive diagnostic services.
- Outstanding outpatient services, including a dedicated clinic, outpatient infusion center and radiation therapy center.
Our physicians and other health care professionals are all specially trained to work with pediatric oncology patients. In addition to the treatment programs, services, and programs above, the Cancer Institute is proud to offer patients:
- Nationally recognized oncology experts who use the latest worldwide procedures.
- An Outpatient Infusion Clinic that eliminates the need for hospitalization for chemotherapy and other treatments.
More about the Hyundai Cancer Institute Difference
- Learn what to look for in a cancer treatment center.
- Cancer can affect the cells of an organ (kidney, bone, brain, eye, liver, skin, pancreas, stomach), blood or lymphatic system. The causes of cancer are not yet known. There are many types of cancer, such as leukemia, lymphoma, neuroblastoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, osteosarcoma, thyroid cancer, melanoma and more. Learn about the basics of cancer in our frequently asked questions.
- Meet Dr. Sender, Medical Director of the Cancer Institute.